Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Goal

With May quickly approaching, I've decided to set a new goal for myself. I am going to try and save my money. This means no buying frivolous items. This also means not eating out. I've been keeping a cash book with me and every time I buy something, even if it's a drink at the convenience store, I've been writing it down. So now, looking back at April, it's obvious that I tend to buy food and clothes/makeup.

So here are the official (for me) points to my goal.

Starting May 1st until my birthday (May 25th):
1. No buying makeup or clothes unless an item is destroyed or lost and there are no alternatives already in my possession.
2. No eating out, unless it is for a birthday or special occasion (both my boyfriend and my birthday are in May ^^)

Those two cover the bulk of my expenses, after rent and utilities. I'm hoping that if I eat out less and stop buying lattes and snacks, that I'll also lose some weight. Also, if I don't buy new things, I'll use up some of the products that I already own. And I'll save money, which is important since I am taking a Korean class, going to a dermatologist, and need to save for grad school.

Since it's still April, I'm trying to think if there's anything else I want to get before my May savings month. Does that defeat the purpose of my goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment